Phil Roberts Memorial Scholarship
Designed to allow iMIS users to participate in the annual NiUG Discovery Conference Series by attending the Discovery conference of their choice. Three recipients will be awarded a scholarship valued at $1,500. The winners of the scholarship will be notified no less than three months before the conference or one month after the application deadline – whichever comes first.
SPECIAL EXCEPTION FOR 2022: *Due to COVID and the changes to our schedule (this year's event being just one day for the US event) we will allow you to utilize the scholarship value toward 2022 Discovery Day event with any remaining balance applied to your account toward additional education in 2022 & 2023.
To be awarded the full scholarship including a full conference registration and up to a $500 in travel expenses*, the recipient must be a NiUG member in good standing for at least two years and submit a complete scholarship application with required documentation.
Any non-members or new members in good standing for less than two years are eligible for a partial scholarship including a full conference registration and up to a $250* travel expense check. All travel expense checks are issued in US dollars only.
Board of Directors, Associate Members, and Vendor Members are not eligible to participate in this program.
Reimbursable travel expenses include:
- Travel to and from the event including air fare, train tickets, mileage for a car driven by scholarship recipient (based on IRS reimbursement at the time of submission), and/or the cost of rental vehicle for travel to and from conference location
- The cost of taxi or subway fare from airport/train station to hotel
- Hotel room costs (plus taxes) for the nights of the conference
- Hotel parking
- All applicants must complete the scholarship application and submit supporting documentation.
- All applications must be received by Monday, August 1, 2022, EOB.
- If awarded, applicants accepting the award agree to attend the full conference and to be recognized. They also agree to their names being used in promotional materials, including but not limited to: the NiUG Listserve, NiUG website, and NiUG social media outlets.
- If awarded, applicants also agree to write a brief post-conference article (<125 words) including what benefits they received from the conference. This article may be used for NiUG promotional materials.